Thank you to all of our attendees on Wednesday night 31 May, 2023. As we get down to the end of financial year, we also thank all of our new members.
The round up of this meeting is as follows:
- The Avalon Shared Spaces plan continues to be high on the agenda. Despite representations to Northern Beaches Council, there are no traffic questions included on the Survey to assess the success of the trial. Therefore, Chamber will be providing a separate survey to canvas the entire community on issues which are not covered in the Council survey. Please stay tuned and keep an eye on our site and social media feeds.
- Discussion regarding community initiatives that bring cultural activities to the area was noted with ideas shared about possible options that don't double up on existing Market-day style events
- We are calling for volunteers for grant writing to support this - so please drop us a line if you have a few hours or expertise in this area.
- In light of this, Chamber has been working hard on its first event in consultation with Dr Sophie Scamp's office. ReWiring Australia will be an important event on sustainability and will include Dr Sophie Scamps and Saul Griffiths in a discussion to be held at the Avalon Main Hall on 30 July 2023. Saul Griffith is an engineer and entrepreneur specialising in clean and renewable energy technologies. Saul has founded a dozen technology companies across 20 years in Silicon Valley. Saul is the author of 3 books including `Electrify', and `The Big Switch'. Stay tuned for booking details.
- A resolution was passed to elect Sienna Berney as Treasurer of the Chamber.
We continue to seek your support through a 100% tax deductible Membership.
In the meantime, mark your calendars for the June Mixer event: Thursday 29 JUNE 2023 6pm at the Avalon Bowlo.